Thursday 31 January 2008

Progress!!



After such a long spell of not achieving a great deal, its such a relief to be able to blog about lots of progress on various fronts.


My sampler quilt is coming together - I've now made all nine blocks, some of them are quilted, and I am nearly ready to start joining them together. Here they are, laid out on the table at my class, in their final position I think.


I've also finished the first of two stitched pieces for the "Computing into Stitched textiles" C&G. The original design was created using Paint Shop Pro. The embroidery is a series of layers. I took three layers of Fibretex, painted them and then stitched a grid with strips of organza.


Then I zapped it with the heat gun.

Then I made a patchwork of the nine squares of colour and mounted the fibretex on top. Forgot to take a picture at that stage. Then I gradually built it up using bits of organza, chiffon, silk.

AND... best of all, after months of inactivity, I'm making real progress with my C&G. I've been working on the designs for my hanging. Half of it is stuck up on the wall in my hall, and I'm working on the other half. It is such a relief, having been stuck for so long, having been on the point of giving up, that finally things appear to be coming together. See next post for details!

1 comment:

Digitalgran said...

I wonder if there's something in the air? Just been telling my DH now that I haven't enjoyed myself with my textiles so much in years and feel really on a roll. Glad you are obviously feeling the same, I love the work that's developing from your PSP designs. I must use some of my PSP designs too, you are inspiring me.