Sunday 3 December 2006

RATS!!

Not a happy bunny this morning!
Have spent the last hour trying to find out how to upload photographs - and failed!well I did say that I am not very computer literate. Youngest son will help me sort it out - no doubt it will only take him a second.
I have been working on a collograph, part of my textures module. I've been creating various textures by sticking things to pieces of card, but I am finding it really difficult. Something with a really good texture doesn't necessarily print well. And its such a slow process - first you have to wait for the glue to dry before you can varnish, then you have to wait for the varnish to dry before you can print.
Varying success - crumpled cooking foil makes a really good bark texture, dried grasses make a lovely block - but is it a texture? Tried various grades of sandpaper to give the effect of lichen on a tree trunk. Surprisingly, I'm getting better results from a finer, rather than a courser grade, which is not what I would have expected at all.
Photographs have been taken, and will be posted, once I find out how!!

3 comments:

Françoise said...

I wanna see the pictures!!
:-)

Unknown said...

Your welcome to give me a call and I'll talk you through adding photos !

Purple Missus said...

Hey, you know you can't just say collograph - and that's it :)
I need to know what it is, how you do it - and as Francoise says 'I wanna see the pictures!'