Thursday 23 November 2006

Here we go!!

Well, I've taken the plunge!! I've been reading other people's blogs for ages, and I thought it was about time I started one of my own.

The aim is to chart my (painfully slow) progress through C&G "Exploring Embroidery", which I am doing as distance learning with Opus School of Stitch Textiles. I'm currently two-thirds of the way through Module 3 -"Nature's coverings". All about texture.

Over the next few days, I shall record and post some of the stuff I have done in this module, that's if I can navigate my way through the site! I'm only a couple of rungs above computer illiterate.

Having said that I am also doing "Creative Computing into Stitched Textiles" with Hazel Credland, and, apart from being really interesting, its definitely improving my computer skills generally. The course explores using Paintshop Pro as a design tool.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sheila,

Welcome to the gang =)

Zoe

Purple Missus said...

Hi Sheila
Well done - it does get easier, I promise!
Look forward to seeing your work.
Lynda

Unknown said...

Hello - look forward to seeing your work????? I have a milion questions if you are willing about TV and Theatre costuming - any chance of an email chat?? Anna Nowicki www.pumpkin1.fsnet.co.uk, anna@pumpkin1.fsnet.co.uk